Sunday, March 2, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing - a Blog by B

Well, we have been busy with a lot of little things that add up to, well, being busy. I guess I could start by telling you about our trip to TGIFridays. My sisters gave us money for Christmas and instructed us to go out on a nice date since we haven't had one since August. This was a huge blessing since I (B) desperately needed some time away from Steven. Don't get me wrong, I love him but sometimes I wonder "What were we thinking?" Come on moms, I know you have thought this before, right?

Anyway, our friend Julie offered to babysit Steven (thanks!) so we set the date for Monday, February 25th. Since J usually only sees me in jeans and a T-shirt, I thought I would dress up nice and even let my hair down (the boots are also from my sisters).

We spent about 2 1/2 hours at TGI Fridays (remember speedy customer service is NOT priority here). I had a steak and J had fajitas. Let's just say I have never had a such a good steak! It was definitely a good change from spaghetti and omelettes (I've been lazy recently and haven't been spending a lot of time cooking). We got home around 9:00, where Steven was already in bed, made milkshakes, and watched a movie together. It was perfect.



The rest of the week wasn't filled with much except the same old language study. J did have a opportunity to attend a class with one of our Russian friends but I'll let him tell you more about that in another post. As for me and my pregnancy, I'm doing OK but the morning sickness, tiredness, and lack of energy has returned. It's not as bad a it was in the beginning but it is still not pleasant to go through. I'm also starting to have hot flashes.

It has been getting warmer here but the heat is still on (it's one of those you can't control individually). This makes it quite warm in the apartment so I usually end up freezing Jesse out by opening up the windows during the night since that is usually when the hot flashes are the worst. It's still cold outside but it's bearable. Actually, it's quite nasty to walk in since all the snow is turning into slush. It's hard to avoid all the huge water puddles. Then it freezes at night making it very slippery and even harder to walk on. So, we try not to venture out too much. It's odd to say so, but I think it's actual easier to deal with Moscow winters when it's colder out! Here's a shot of our local park, which has mostly been transformed into some kind of slushy lake.

Well, that is about it. I'll leave you with a cute video of Steven. He does have his cute moments, like here where he seems to be taking his "praise" in a chrsmtic direction! :)