Sunday, November 29, 2009

Busy Bee

Since Jesse took the computer internet stick thingy with him on his trip to Y-land, I have not been able to report what I've been up to. Thus, this post will be full of random things I've (Bobbie) been up to.

Let start with while Jesse was gone. Well, my day was full of playing with the boys, feeding the boys, training the boys, feeding the boys, studying language, having language session, playing with the boys, feeding the boys, bathing the boys, putting the boys down for sleep, watching a movie, going to bed. Then, start it over again the next day. I stayed busy enough to keep distracted from missing Jesse too much for about 2 days. That is when I realized that Jesse can never die and leave me alone as I might do something rash or set something on fire.

Thankfully, Jesse got back just in time. But, there were a few things I enjoyed while he was away. This is a little late but I have a lot to catch up on.

On Halloween, Erin (the "Privyet" link on the right) and I hosted a Halloween Party for the English club. It was just fun to dress up and make creepy foods like:

Here we have eyeball eggs, severed hands, chocolate spiderwebs, and chocolate covered cookie coffins. We had a blast and discussed Halloween traditions which got us discussing what we believe in which was great. Of course, this happened right before Jesse left but I have not had time to write about it. So, there you go.

The only other thing I did while they were gone was help host the English Club meetings (again, with our coworker Erin). I gave a cooking lesson on how to cook hamburgers, french fries, and sweet ice tea. Some of the girls liked it but the others were terrified to drink the ice tea as they think ice will make them sick. They were brave, though, and everyone tried it. Some of them actually really enjoyed it. Then we had milkshakes which all enjoyed.

The next day Jesse came home and we just spent the next few days enjoying being back together again. We also enjoyed Steven's birthday which, unfortunately, was the day Jesse and David came home and all were just too tired to do anything. So, we decided to wait until the next Saturday to celebrate. We still had chocolate chip cookies on the actual day. Here Steven is showing everyone how old he is:

But, before that took place, Thanksgiving happened. Despite my promise to not do anything for Thanksgiving (remember, we already celebrated it back in October), we had to introduce the English Club to our traditions. So, guess who volunteered to cook a "small" meal.

Well, those who know me know "small" means 6 different kinds of dishes and 2 different kinds of dessert. I don't think anyone complained. The girls thought it was "interesting" but liked the things that they were used to like the apple pie and the mashed potatoes. We had lots of leftovers which I didn't complained about. Thanksgiving leftovers - mmm! They're always best the second time around.


The next big event was Steven's birthday party. If you remember, last year we started a tradition of hiding Steven's gifts in a pool of balloons. Last year Steven was more interested in the balloons than the gifts. This year he did the same thing.

The other kids (large and small) also enjoyed the balloons. We had a meal of Steven's favorite foods: mac and cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Mmm!
All the kids (large and small) also enjoyed it. Then, the big event: the flaming race car. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of it considering it is the first time I've attempted anything like this. Ain't it pretty?

Well, that's about it. Sorry, it is a long post but I had a lot to catch up on. I will leave you with a cute picture of the boys (mainly for you grandparents). Enjoy!