Sunday, August 22, 2010

Travel

Well, after 5 hours of driving in the car, then 4 hours of flying, one week in Moscow, 4 hours flying to London, and finally 8 hours to the East Coast, we are here!


For the most part it was a uneventful trip. The boys did great (I was more fussy than they were). Of course, they had their meltdowns but we got through them and are now are here enjoying comforts, family, and food.

We are trying to catch up on our sleep and get on a better sleeping schedule. It is currently 4:20am here and Steven has been up since 3:00am. Matthew is still sleeping so he is doing well. Steven is sick so his schedule is still messed up (which means my schedule is messed up). That is why I'm not making sense right now - my brain hasn't woken up yet!

Anyway, we got in on Friday and just rested that day but Saturday we stayed pretty busy. Jesse went out looking for a car all day and thinks he has found one. While he did that I stayed busy doing important things like getting my hair cut and shopping :) It was wonderful. My parents stayed busy with the boys all day (thanks mom and dad).
In other news, last night we had a meal that was heavenly: creamed corn, fried okra, roast beef, carrots, cabbage, rolls, gravy, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and sweet tea. It was like Thanksgiving (there goes my diet). My parent's house is like paradise for the boys: new comforters, all the toys they could ever want, and food, food, food.

So, the plan is to go to the beach tomorrow for a week of vacation thanks to our friend Don who is letting us stay at their house for a week.

Well, I can think of anything else to say. We will keep you updated with what's up with us but for now I need to stop talking. Need sleep. Here are pictures:


My mom showed up with these flowers when picking us up at the airport

My new haircut



Our first meal here: