Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Package

When we came back from Moscow we had a surprise waiting for us - the mother of all packages.  Look at this thing: 


Of course, I couldn't wait to open it. Right after I took the picture with Jesse holding it, I ripped into it.  I'm sure I heard the angels in Heaven start to sing! 


The top item is my favorite comfort food in the world, Rice Krispies with marshmallows. I'm actually finishing off the last of the 3 bags of marshmallows and 4 boxes of Rice Krispies that was sent already.  I'm impressed with myself that it lasted this long.

And, you ask, who would be such an awesome group to send such a package?  None other than our family group in the wonderful land of F-V, NC.  I mean, look at it all!

And, what's in the picture was only half of what they sent us.  The other half I couldn't tear away from the boys long enough to take a picture of the massive amount of cars, trucks (including monster trucks which I'm sure I can thank Martha for), coloring books, CDs, markers, and toys, toys, toys.  They weren't interested in helping me open the box until they saw those monster trucks.  Then, I had to try to slow them down from throwing things out of the box looking for "their" stuff.  It was a wonderful time.  


I want to thank every person who contributed to sending this.  I wish I could do it in person.  But, then again, if I could do it in person we wouldn't of gotten the package in the first place.  It's a small sacrifice to "give what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose".  Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for this.  We love each and every one of you (and not just the people who sent this but all of you).  Your thoughts and support has been overwhelming to us.  We could not be here without you.

 Just so you can see, the last picture is the wallpaper our new neighbors put up in our mutual hallway while we were away.  That type of decor is very popular here.  Nice, eh?