Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Random Happenings





Well, as you can see from the pictures, a few things have happened since the last post.  For example, my plant is still alive.  That's right.  My beautiful plant that I bought about 2 months ago is still alive.  Not only that, but it's even blooming!  


Why am I finding this worthy to post on our blog?  Because of my history with killing plants.  I've even killed a cactus (who knew you shouldn't water them every day?).  Well, I was pretty deteremined to keep this one so I did some reasearch and found out how to take care of it.  Now, our house is full of the glorious aroma of my sussess (or maybe our Father just felt sorry for me and has kept it alive this whole time).  Miracles do happen!




Another happening is our coworkers had their birthday a few weeks ago.  Husband and wife having the same birthday (don't some of you husbands wish for that).  So, since they love breakfast foods, my gift to them was a breakfast feast.  I have to say I didn't regret it since I love to eat this kind of stuff.






One of the biggest happenings going on around here is our new addition to our family (no, i'm not pregnant).  


One day we took the boys to a playground where a group of kids had 3 puppies and were trying to find homes for them.  We had been talking about getting a puppy and this seemed to be the right time.  So, we took the smallest of them and brought him home.  His name is Dexter and he's a mutt.  There are a lot of stray dogs around here so Dexter might be a mix of about 50 breeds. 

He seems to be a gentle and kind puppy so we are hopeful.  The boys, as you can see, love him.  Matthew will just carry him around for a long time and then sit down in a sit with him in his lap and Dexter just goes with it.  No fussing or fighting.  He isn't that dirty anymore of coures.  He has had about 5 baths in the past 2 weeks. 








The other big happening is that my coworker, Erin, and I went to the nearest "big" city around here and just had a vacation for 4 days.  I don't think the ladies have ever done that here so our men encouraged us to go.  And go we did.  


After the 5 hour van ride up there, we got to a hotel room and spent the next few days drinking coffee, walking, shopping (mostly window shopping), eating, and watching movies. There are a few nice restaurants in town, so we went to the Irsh pub that offered great food and entertainment.  We ended up going there a few times enjoying it every time.  And then waking up whenever we wanted and did whatever we wanted.  SOOOO relaxing.  A big thank you to our husbands for that!


















Until next time, and thanks for reading!


Edit - additional note from Jesse: Please be thinking about our documents, which go in this week (or maybe next) for our residency application.  We hope to have everything accepted for processing, and then we should find out in the next six months what the decision is.